So you’re listing your home and getting it all ready, but what does it mean when the photographer is coming?? What do you do to get your home all ready? Well, I’m here to give ya a few tips. It may seem stressful, but let me tell ya I’m here to make it a smooth home staging experience.
Professional photos can be one of the most effective ways to present your home to potential buyers – open houses are on the decline and listing agents can no longer represent potential buyers of your home, so they are working to get it out there in other ways. Professional PHOTOS 100% make a difference if you’re trying to get a bit more value for your home, but I don’t mean those photos that are so over-done, you don’t even recognize the house when we get there (ya’ll know what I mean!)
I believe if you understand the importance of photos, then these few tips will completely agree with you! After doing tons of photo shoots, I really wanted to find a way to make this easier on my clients since they were spending time on things that were maybe important for a showing, but weren’t really necessary for photos.
- This may sound weird remove everything and put a couple things back one.
- For example, add a bowel of lemons and a cook book.
- In the bedrooms, adding bed skirt on an exposed boxspring can make a huge difference
- Get some baskets, they’re great for holding shoes, hats, gloves, etc.
- Bring in the flowers! Fresh or fake, having a pop of colour in the background is KILLER!
- Ensure all light bulbs work!
- Create warmth: Drape a blanket over the bed, add some books to the coffee table, fluff couch pillows..
- Turn OFF the TV.
- Hide recycling
- Stash that dog bed in the closet.
- And of course a good clean!
Put some fruit out in a bowl. Do the little things like that and we’ll handle the rest. We’ve been known to bring a few pillows and I may or may not have a basket always in my vehicle with candles, throws, vases, etc.
Everyone I listen to wants honest, bright, natural professional photos that are not overdone. You don’t want to waste time prepping for a showing, all to have them not like it because it was so different than the photos.
Take a moment… when you were house shopping, did you love a house online only to find it completely different in person? How often did that happen?! Too often if you ask me.
I’ll do it right, make it look amazing and put in the extra effort that gets it SOLD. There’s nothing more important to me than exceeding the expectations of the people I work with.
As always, I’m here to help you with your process. Spring might be coming in a bit early, so my little piece of advice is to get listing sooner rather than later.
PS. I know you’re curious about what you home is worth, so get your FREE home evaluation right here, easy as pie 🙂